As has been the case every year since 1984, the third weekend in September sees the organisation of Heritage Days. For this occasion, many Parisian sites in the 9th arrondissement exceptionally open their doors to visitors. So, if you want to enjoy this beautiful cultural program, don’t waste a minute and book a hotel now for the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9.
What to visit during the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9?
On 21 and 22 September, a large number of tourists are expected to visit Paris 9 to discover some of the French capital’s heritage.
Indeed, on the occasion of the Heritage Days, it is a high quality programme that is offered to you in this district. In fact, here is a small selection of what you should not miss at this event:
- The guided tour of the projection booth at the Max Linder Panorama cinema is a major first. Several groups of visitors will be able to follow it on Sundays from 10 am to 1 pm.
- The opening of the Dosne-Thiers Hotel, only open by appointment the rest of the year, is not to be missed. It will give you the opportunity to discover the library and lounges of this beautiful hotel where Adolphe Thiers, the first President of the Third Republic, lived.
- The audioguided tour of the Grand Rex allows you to admire the backstage of the largest cinema hall listed as a Historic Monument, but also to immerse yourself in the history of the seventh art
- The eau de toilette creation workshop organized by the Fragonard Perfume Museum is a unique opportunity to discover “concretely” the process of making an eau de toilette. A guided tour of the museum is planned at the end of the workshop.
- The guided tour “Les Secrets du Printemps” offers you the chance to discover the backstage of one of the capital’s famous “department stores”.
- The journey into the history of basketball proposed by the YMCA Union association in Paris. The latter allows you to shoot a basket in the oldest basketball hall in the world since it was there that the first basketball match was played in Europe.
How to book a room in a hotel for the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9?
In order to fully enjoy the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9, it is strongly recommended to be strategic in choosing the location of the hotel where you will stay.
Thus, a good hotel for the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9 should be close to public transport but especially close to the places you plan to visit. Among other things, this may allow you to start visits early on Saturdays and Sundays and thus avoid the queues that sometimes form in the late morning or early afternoon.
To choose your hotel for the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9, also make sure that the rooms are comfortable, the hotel’s character and the services it offers to its guests. Enjoying a delicious cocktail or a relaxing session after a tiring day of visits is always appreciated, isn’t it?
If you want to enjoy these two days dedicated to culture in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, you should know that Hôtel Cadet is the ideal place to stay. This establishment offers a perfect location and quality services which should make it your hotel for the Journées du Patrimoine Paris 9.