Visiting a museum is not always synonymous with silence and passivity, quite the contrary. At the museum of illusion, play and discovery are at the heart of the experience, and offer a playful moment that appeals to young and old alike. Take advantage of your stay at the Cadet Residence to discover the Paris Illusion Museum.
The Illusion Museum: immersive and fascinating for young and old
Present in 17 countries around the world, the museum of illusion has finally settled in Paris, and more precisely in the 1st arrondissement. This temple of optical illusion comes to tickle every gray cell of your brain, and tries to offer you a rational explanation for everything that your eyes cannot understand.
This multisensory world fascinating is a unique and fun experience, where the senses are put to the test with good humor and curiosity. This educational Parisian museum appeals to both adults and children, and is an ideal visit with family or friends.
On the program: a vast space of 70 fun and intriguing illusionswho promise you a few hours of laughter, doubt and questioning.
The exhibitions of the Illusion Museum of Paris
As soon as you arrive in the museum, you are immersed in a multisensory journey that will overwhelm your senses, have fun, and challenge your ability to perceive your environment! 70 illusions punctuate your multisensory visit, from the funniest to the most disturbing.
- The overturned room : designed by the American ophthalmologist Adelbert Ames Jr, this room will turn you upside down. Take your best pose, trigger the camera, and discover yourself upside down and feet in the air, in a staging where the optical illusion is striking. What to call into question the law of gravity;
- Enjoy your food ! : you are not on your plate today? Take the expression literally: go to the Bon Appétit room! from the museum, to create the illusion of having your head on your plate;
- The Beuchet chair: did you know that the perception of your height depends essentially on the objects around you? With the Beuchet chair, you will make yourself very small;
- The tunnel Vortex : discover the three-dimensional universe of the Vortex tunnel, and try not to lose your footing in this straight tube which will leave you thinking that you will never be able to get out of there again.
Many other experiences are to be had in this atypical museum in Paris. Between holograms, kaleidoscopes, room of mirrors, optical illusions and stereograms, treat yourself to a unique moment, as disturbing as it is fun, in a games room for young and old.
The Museum of Illusion in practice
The museum is located at 98 St. Denis Street, in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. Open every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (evening until 10 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday), the museum is also accessible to people with reduced mobility.
The price of admission varies according to your situation:
- Adult price: €18;
- Child rate (from 5 to 15 years old): €12;
- Free for children under 5 ;
- Reduced rate for students, seniors, job seekers, families and people with reduced mobility.
Our hotel residence in Paris 9: Cadet Residence
Less than 20 minutes on foot from the Museum of Illusions, the Cadet residence offers you a quiet and comfortable pied-à-terre in the heart of the 9th arrondissement of Paris.
Studios and apartments in Paris 9
With its independent and autonomous accommodation, the Cadet Residence allows you to live a Stay in Paris freely. The apartment includes everything you need to recharge your batteries between two visits to Paris, allowing you to combine the advantages of hotel services and those of independent accommodation. Our aparthotel then provides you with an equipped kitchen area, a lounge area, a private bathroom and top-of-the-range bedding. All in a peaceful and warm atmosphere, far from the hustle and bustle of the capital.
An aparthotel in the heart of Paris
After visiting the Illusion Museum, why not continue your discovery by going to the most beautiful places in Paris? The Eiffel Tower, the Louvre Museum, the Grands Boulevards… Thanks to its ideal location, the aparthotel La Cadet Résidence is the ideal starting point for all your discoveries.Do you like to experience extraordinary things, which shake up your convictions and disturb your cognitive sensations? The illusion museum and its fascinating puzzles are the ideal place, close to our aparthotel Cadet residence.